Seattle Indies is an inclusive and welcoming community for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, or technical expertise (or lack of any of the aforementioned).
We will not tolerate harassment of any kind. Harassment may include:
- Verbal abuse
- Sexually explicit or derogatory language
- Offensive or sexual cartoons or materials
- Offensive gestures
- Touching others or their property without permission
- Telling of jokes offensive to others in the community
In general, sexual advances of any kind are considered unwelcome by default and are not appropriate at our events.
In other words, just do the following:
- Be aware of your actions and their effects on others
- “No” means no. Respect people’s boundaries
- Be nice to one another
By attending Seattle Indies events, you are agreeing to follow our code of conduct. If, in the eyes of the organizers, an attendee is seen to have violated these rules, they may be warned, asked to leave, or banned from future Seattle Indies events.
If you see or experience any harassment or uncomfortable situations, please alert the organizer in charge of the event, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.