Zero tolerance for discrimination and harassment
Seattle Indies strives to be an inclusive and welcoming community for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, marital status, or technical expertise (or lack of any of the aforementioned).
Harassment and violations of the code of conduct include, but are not limited to: offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion, technology choices; sexual images in public spaces; deliberate intimidation; stalking; following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; unwelcome physical contact; and unwelcome sexual attention.
Communicate in a professional manner:
- Discussions in public should encourage and assist, not create divisiveness or tension. Every member deserves the opportunity to express their opinions in a respectful manner. Obscene, vulgar, or inappropriate language and/or images are not acceptable and will be deleted. This also includes offensive or sexual cartoons or materials.
- Refrain from discussing politics, religion, and sexual content unless it’s an aspect of your game, then we ask that you please add a content warning before sharing.
- Spam is also not tolerated (both spamming chat and advertisement not pertaining to game dev i.e. car insurance, palm readings, etc.)
- Respect other people’s intellectual property. Do not discuss their property (e.g. code, game ideas, etc.) except with the express consent of the owner.
- Don’t give unsolicited feedback on people’s work and progress without consent.
- Be aware of your actions and their affect on others. “No” means no. Respect people’s boundaries and be nice to one another.(edited)
Cryptocurrency and NFTs:
Note: Seattle Indies as an organization does not purchase or invest in NFTs or crypto, nor do we fund or support NFT projects.
- No spamming, advertising, recruiting or promotions, including Discord server links or any promo links to other crypto groups, communities, or websites.
- Do not click on any links sent through DMs. Bots and admins will not DM you unless discussed beforehand, or explaining a disciplinary action.
By attending Seattle Indies events and being on Discord, you are agreeing to follow our code of conduct. Please conduct oneself in accordance with the SI policies and code of conduct both on our social platforms and in-person events. If, in the eyes of the organizers or admin, an attendee is seen to have violated these rules, they may be warned, asked to leave, or banned from future Seattle Indies events and Discord. If you experience any harassment or discomfort on Discord, or are unsure about a situation, you can !report @__ (reason) and it will go to the admins, or simply mention @Admin or PM one and we will respond to you as soon as we can. Also, please !report any spam messages. If you see or experience any harassment or uncomfortable situations during one of our in-person events, please alert the organizer in charge of the event in person, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.