Foster an inclusive community where all members feel welcome and safe.
Point of Contact:
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Maintain, and arbitrate our community code of conduct
- Ensure that all Seattle Indies committees (including its board) have mission statements and public-facing copy that aligns with our code of conduct
- Professional, consistent, and clear communication with all Seattle Indies organizers and members
- Develop outreach and partnerships with other organizations that could help us improve the diversity of our community
- Attend various Seattle Indies events; keep a finger on the pulse and thoughts of the community
- Participate in Town Hall meetings; receive and act upon community feedback and action items regarding ethics and diversity
Expectations & Time Requirements:
- An additional phone/video screening will be held with each applicant.
- Each committee has an online check-in every month. More than two consecutively missed check-ins will usually result in committee members being asked to step down.
- Timely attention and responses to Slack (where most of of our organizational communication occurs) is expected.
- An average of 5 hours a month of volunteer hours is typical for members of this committee.
- Town Hall attendance for all committee members is highly encouraged.
- The actions of all Seattle Indies organizers and volunteers reflect upon the group as a whole. Should their public social media identities or opinions violate our code of conduct, the individual in question will be asked to step down.
Apply to join this committee.