Maintain Seattle Indies web presence and drive our online communities and engagement.
Point of Contact:
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manage existing Seattle Indies website, Facebook, Twitter, Meetup, and Discord
- Attend SI events and provide coverage in the form of photos posted to social media channels and short blog posts
- Explore possibilities of new Seattle Indies YouTube/Twitch channels
- Ensure that all professional communication and public representation of Seattle Indies accurately reflects our values & mission statement
- Ensure that the behavior of online members is in accordance with Seattle Indies’ code of conduct
- Ensure that our web channels are consistent with our brand’s typography and colors
- Handle outreach and advertising of our events to the general public and to local community calendars
- Establish and maintain relationships with press
Expectations & Time Requirements:
- An additional phone/video screening will be held with each applicant.
- Each committee has an online check-in every month. More than two consecutively missed check-ins will usually result in committee members being asked to step down.
- Timely attention and responses to Slack and our managed social media channels is expected.
- An average of 5 hours a week of volunteer hours is typical for members of this committee.
- Town Hall attendance for all committee members is highly encouraged.
- The actions of all Seattle Indies organizers and volunteers reflect upon the group as a whole. Should their public social media identities or opinions violate our code of conduct, the individual in question will be asked to step down.
Apply to join this committee.