Maintain and develop events, both new and recurring, that serve the Seattle Indies through community building, networking, and skill building.
Point of Contact:
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Reliably organize & oversee in-person events
- Sanity check scheduling with all other members, to ensure as few overlaps as possible
- Ensure events stay aligned with the committee’s mission statement and are of use to the community
- Ensure that the behavior of attendees is in accordance with the requirements of our hosts, and with Seattle Indies’ code of conduct
- Ensure that our venues are left the same or better than when we arrived at them
- Professional, consistent, and clear communication with all partners, hosts, and attendees
- (Depending on event) Ensure that all Seattle Indies owned equipment and items were inventoried and returned at the end of the event
- (Depending on event) Maintain good relationships with our current hosts, establish new relationships with prospective venues, and seek out sponsorship & funding for future events
Expectations & Time Requirements:
- An additional phone/video screening will be held with each applicant.
- Each committee has a group video call/check-in every month. Attendance is required. More than two consecutively missed meetings (without notice) will usually result in committee members being asked to step down.
- Timely attention and responses to Slack (where most of of our organizational communication occurs) is expected.
- An average of 10 hours a month of volunteer hours is typical for members of this committee.
- Town Hall attendance for all committee members is highly encouraged.
- The actions of all Seattle Indies organizers and volunteers reflect upon the group as a whole. Should their public social media identities or opinions violate our code of conduct, the individual in question will be asked to step down.
Apply to join this committee.