Responsible for the following on-going projects:
- Patreon: Create and maintain a community crowd-funding campaign
- Holiday Fundraising Drive: Plan a month-long donation drive in the month of December, culminating in a evening fundraising event
- Corporate Sponsorships: Outreach and maintenance of relationships with corporate sponsors
Point of Contact:
Patreon – Responsibilities & Duties:
- Maintain and produce content for exclusive Patreon-only Discord channel and Patreon posts
- Work on outreach to bring in new pledges
- Analyze financial feasibility of both rewards and tiers
- Reach out to local artists and game studios for their assistance and donations with Patreon rewards
- Manage and approve designs of all Seattle Indies branded art
- Manage manufacturing and shipping of physical swag to our Superhero tier patrons
- Manage the web store, including shipping, handling, and taxes
- Maintain consistent communication and relationships with existing patrons
Holiday Fundraising – Responsibilities & Duties:
- Cater and organize a yearly December holiday event
- Innovate and implement creative community-spirited activities and games for attendees to participate in
- Reliably organize & oversee any set-up, decorations, catering, bartending, and break-down
- Actively seek out sponsorship & funding for the event
- Ensure that the event stays within the board-approved budget and meets its community fundraising goals
- Manage event registration and RSVPs, social media outreach, and blog/photo coverage
- Ensure that the event is in compliance with all Washington State liquor laws and requirements
- Ensure that the behavior of attendees is in accordance with the requirements of our hosts, and with Seattle Indies’ code of conduct
- Ensure that our venues are left the same or better than when we arrived at them (especially bathroom and kitchen areas)
- Professional, consistent, and clear communication with all partners, hosts, and attendees
- Ensure that all Seattle Indies owned equipment and items were inventoried and returned at the end of the event
Expectations & Time Requirements:
- An additional phone/video screening will be held with each applicant.
- Timely attention and responses to Slack (where most of of our organizational communication occurs) is expected.
- For the months of October through January, this committee will an online check-in/video meeting every month. More than two consecutively missed check-ins will usually result in committee members being asked to step down.
- For the months of October through December, an average of 5-10 hours a week of volunteer hours is typical for members of this committee.
- Town Hall attendance for all committee members is highly encouraged.
- The actions of all Seattle Indies organizers and volunteers reflect upon the group as a whole. Should their public social media identities or opinions violate our code of conduct, the individual in question will be asked to step down.
Apply to join this committee.