Inspire and motivate game-makers to prototype out small-scoped games that can serve as jumping points to larger concepts or ideas.
Point of Contact:
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide space and infrastructure that enable the community to participate in in-person game jams
- Reliably organize & oversee in-person game jams that may require 24/hr access or shift management
- Ensure that the themes and messaging of game-jams align with Seattle Indies’ values and mission statement
- Ensure that the behavior of attendees is in accordance with the requirements of our hosts, and with Seattle Indies’ code of conduct
- Ensure that our venues are left the same or better than when we arrived at them (especially bathroom and kitchen areas)
- Professional, consistent, and clear communication with all partners, hosts, and attendees
- Ensure that all Seattle Indies owned equipment and items were inventoried and returned at the end of the event
- Maintain good relationships with our current hosts, establish new relationships with prospective venues, and seek out sponsorship & funding for future events
Expectations & Time Requirements:
- An additional phone/video screening will be held with each applicant.
- Each committee has an online check-in every month. More than two consecutively missed check-ins will usually result in committee members being asked to step down.
- Timely attention and responses to Slack (where most of of our organizational communication occurs) is expected.
- While our game jam events are not incredibly frequent (at most 3/year), months where game-jams are being hosted are incredibly time-intensive – an average of 20 hours a week of volunteer hours is not unexpected for members of this committee.
- Town Hall attendance for all committee members is highly encouraged.
- The actions of all Seattle Indies organizers and volunteers reflect upon the group as a whole. Should their public social media identities or opinions violate our code of conduct, the individual in question will be asked to step down.
Apply to join this committee.